Heavy Rain is a dark, immersive and emotionally-engaging experience; one that expands upon the innovative ideas of 2005′s acclaimed Fahrenheit to create a noir-thriller where decisions are charged with importance and actions can have drastic and unforseen consequences.
In Heavy Rain you don’t watch the story – you play it. The dynamic narrative unfolds through the players actions – not cut scenes – and every action has a consequence. The choices you make and the way you interact with other characters have repercussions throughout the storyline. With unprecedented responsibility over the fates of the game’s characters, Heavy Rain is an emotional experience unlike any other as a mature game for a new world of adult gamers.
From the team behind the critically-acclaimed Fahrenheit comes an even darker and more adult thriller, set to test the boundaries of video game storytelling. The story revolves around the hunt for a serial killer called The Origami Killer by four very different people: a FBI profiler, a private detective, an architect and a journalist.
If one of them dies the fact is simple incorporated into the story and you carry on playing with the remaining characters until either the killer is caught or the game ends in failure.
Although the story and characters are paramount the game still feature plenty of action, many playing out via quick time event sequences similar to Fahrenheit – where you have to press the buttons indicated on screen within a time limit. The game aims to be the most cinematic and emotional video game ever made – could this be the start of the game noir genre?
- Heavy plotting: A dark, adult-themed thriller with believable characters and a captivating plot full of love, violence and sacrifice.
- Virtual luvvies: Breakthrough facial animation features the most realistic virtual actors ever seen, each capable of mimicking real and varied emotions.
- Consequences: If a character dies they stay dead – no extra lives or continues, just an organic plotline with multiple different endings.
- Quick Time: Intense action sequences that anyone can play, with simple controls and fast-paced against-the-clock challenges.
- Conscious action: Unique control system lets you see what your character is thinking as they explore the world – and then act on it with a press of a button.
Heavy Rain: Move Edition Includes:
- Full game soundtrack.
- Dynamic themes based around the characters.
- ‘Making of’ video.
- ‘Taxidermist’ level.
- The hunt for the Origami Killer has become even more involving and intense than before with PlayStation Move motion control.
Heavy Rain: Move Edition Features:
- Use PlayStation Move for the ultimate freedom of control as you explore a rich, detailed, action-packed world and interact with a compelling cast.
- Make decisions in the heat of the moment that will have a tangible impact on the way the plot unfolds and the fates of the characters.
- Hunt for the Origami Killer in an emotionally driven experience – how far will you go to save someone you love?
Heavy Rain Move Edition [PS3]
Find PS3 Games here.