Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, a pulse-pounding third-person action-adventure/shooter created by award-winning developer Naughty Dog.
Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal who’s after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything – but has his luck finally run out?
- An expanded cast of characters who reflect different facets of Drake’s character, including Chloe Frazer, Drake’s current partner and new romantic interest.
- Varied and exotic locations – from lush, green swamps and dense urban environments, all the way to the ice and snow of the Himalayas.
- Unrestricted combat allows you to take an aggressive or stealthy approach to combat.
- Free-flowing “traversal gunplay” adds a unique vertical element to familiar cover-based third-person shooting mechanics, allowing you to engage in combat from any position in the environment – even while climbing and hanging.
- Introduction of new traversal and free-climbing mechanics allow Drake to navigate through the environments more fluidly and naturally.
- Gunplay and combat enhancements, including an expanded melee system, and a variety of enemy types with advanced AI routines. High-quality cinematic presentation of scenes, characters and dialogue, all rendered within the Naughty Dog Engine 2.0.
- Dramatic in-game events that make you an active participant in the cinematic experience.
- Full character interaction with dynamic geometry.
- Utilizes Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 purpose-built for the PlayStation 3; utilizes the PS3 technology to hit a turning point in technology innovation by recreating reality and capturing human emotion.
- No visible loading – a Naughty Dog hallmark – returns along with technology improvements in major game systems such as lighting, shadows, ambient occlusion, animation technology and physics, among many others.
- Robust party system allows you to remain with your friends in matchmaking and custom matches.
- Custom matches allow you to customize maps and modes which your party wishes to play.
- Currency gained in multiplayer matches can be combined with currency gained in single player missions to unlock additional content and upgrades.
- Character animations and environments taken from single player campaign maintain visual fidelity with no degradation.
- Gameplay and character mechanics identical from the single-player campaign, ensuring user familiarity and same level of quality.
- Headset support.
- Proprietary Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 network code captures a broad range of gameplay data for statistics reporting on the web and for functionality like Cinema, which allows players to watch replays of matches.
- Cutting edge technology such as cloud-based computing allows for scalable online infrastructure to provide optimal player experience.
- Competitive multiplayer gameplay includes up to 10 players in heroes-versus-villains matches.
- Deathmatch: Up to 5 vs. 5 with customizable or pre-set game modes.
- Plunder: Unique style of multiplayer that encourages team work to transport a treasure across terrain horizontally and vertically over obstacles.
- Player boosters give you a variety of options to customize your characters to your play style or to provide an advantage over opponents.
- Up to three players work together in cooperative modes to accomplish set objectives with increasing difficulty and against special enemy characters.
- Combo system encourages further teamwork to increase a point total and currency multiplier.
- Weapon upgrades let you customize your weapons to your play style or provide an advantage over opponents.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves [PS3]
Find PS3 Games here.